Sunday, September 4, 2011

Everynone

Everynone is a filmmaking team located in New York. I stumbled on one of their videos a while back while browsing through vimeo and fell in love with their work. Their videos make me see the world in a completely different way that I would have never thought of on my own.



Their video "Symmetry" does a beautiful job of combining symmetry in composition with symmetry (or balance) in life. Probably the most shocking moment of the video is the very end where birth is juxtaposed with death. The sound of a baby crying mixed with the final sound of the heart monitor is breathtaking (I know that sounds cheesy, but seriously - it makes you stop in your tracks for a few seconds).

**And I just now realized this after watching it again: The audio is also split left and right for each clip. For example, the very first clip has the audio for the countdown coming out of the left speaker and the music for the end of a movie coming out of the right speaker. Brilliant. I just fell in love with their work all over again.





This video is all about the multiple meanings of a single word. Something that we encounter everyday, but never really stop to think about. In "Words" clips are very creatively strung together that can be described by the same word. My personal favorites are the clips that have amazing transitions - particularly the series of clips with the word 'blow' and 'break'.





This last video is similar to their video "Symmetry", but focuses more on the question: "What is a moment?" I believe they do a spectacular job of illustrating exactly what a moment is. Showing a long series of 'moments' one after another brings the beauty out in the moments that we all remember as well as the moments we take for granted.

Sorry if this post was a little sappy, but I absolutely love the work by Everynone. I believe that great design about telling a story and making the viewer feel something. Everynone does just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment